THE MOST CURRENT VACCINE MARKET INFORMATION?
The vaccine market is a growth market for the experienced competitors participating in it.Seven billion dollars in new sales have occurred in the past five years alone, and vaccines have been developed and deployed for new diseases.? COVID-19 has only intensified the focus on the the potential of vaccines, the market was already expanding prior to the pandemic, and many vaccines for new conditions are under developments. Kalorama has covered the vaccines market for two decades.? During that time our analysts have detailed the growth of the market.
“Seven billion dollars in new sales have occurred in the past five years alone.? Growth will be fueled by favorable demographics, continued new product introductions, indication expansions, usage and more.”
This report examines the market for these vaccines used to prevent various types of disease, and provides market modeling by disease. It focuses on commercialized vaccines and developmental vaccines for diseases that are already vaccine-preventable, with a discussion of selected emerging vaccines for diseases that are not currently vaccine-preventable, such as addiction and malaria.? The report also discusses trends and looks at what vaccine companies have done and are planning.? ?It also covers the COVID-19 vaccine market landscape, development progress and estimated market opportunity as of October 2020.
?A HIGH-GROWTH, CONSTANTLY DEVELOPING MARKET
Vaccines Market, $BN, 2015, 2020 and 2025
Because of the large number of deadly diseases that have been virtually eliminated through the proliferation of effective vaccines, vaccination is generally viewed as one of the greatest public health achievements during the 20th century. As a result of widespread public vaccination, vaccine-preventable diseases and their resulting deaths are now rare in the developed nations and declining worldwide.? Immunizations have eradicated smallpox; eliminated poliomyelitis in the Americas; and controlled measles, rubella, tetanus, diphtheria.
FACTORS DRIVING GROWTH
- Cost-effectiveness: Vaccines reduce healthcare costs associated with vaccine-preventable diseases. It is estimated that every dollar invested in vaccination returns between $7 and $20 in averted healthcare costs;
- Aging population: As senior citizens are more susceptible to certain vaccine-preventable diseases such as influenza, more vaccine products are required to meet the needs of this growing global population;
- Mobility: As people become increasingly mobile, diseases historically confined to remote areas of the world are becoming global problems;
- Advancing technology: New technologies will fuel the development of vaccines that are safer, more effective and more cost effective to produce than existing vaccines;
- Usage of vaccines in more countries: WHO and other initiatives to expand immunization programs continue to increase the usage of vaccines in countries with previously poor vaccination records;
- Rising public awareness: Direct-to-consumer (DTC) advertising and other public awareness programs will continue to expand consumer awareness of the importance of vaccination;
- Government recommendations: Governments around the world continue to review and expand vaccination recommendations;
- Indication expansions: Manufacturers are increasingly expanding the populations for which their vaccines may be utilized;
- Healthcare Reform: Because all ACIP-recommended vaccines are covered under Healthcare Reform, millions of Americans who were previously uninsured now have coverage for vaccines;
- Healthcare decentralization: Expansion of retail health clinics and urgent care centers makes vaccination available to persons without strong health coverage;
Greater expansion is mitigated, however, by continued negative public perceptions of vaccine safety, shortages, funding challenges
KALORAMA INFORMATION’S REPORT PROVIDES
CRITICAL INSIGHTS FOR BUSINESS PLANNING
As part of its offering this report involves the following data points and others:
- Influenza Vaccine Global Market, 2020-2025
- US, European, and ROW Vaccine Markets by Type (Hepatitis, Combinations, Meningitis, Pneumococcal, Rotavirus, Influenza, HPV, Shingles, Others)
- Major Manufacturers’ Shares of the Global Vaccine Market, 2020
- Global Market for Pediatric Preventive Vaccines by Type (Hepatitis, Pediatric Routine (HiB, MMR, Combinations, Polio, Varicella), Meningitis, Pneumococcal Disease, Rotavirus, HPV, Others) 2020–2025
- Global Market for Adult Preventive Vaccines by Type (Hepatitis, HPV, Pneumococcal, Tetanus and combinations, Shingles, Travel & Other) 2020–2025
- Selected Pediatric Vaccines in Development, 2020
- Selected Adult Vaccines in Development, 2020
- COVID-19 Vaccine Developments
- COVID-19 Vaccine Potential Market Estimate, High Case and Low Case
Development of new vaccines is ongoing.? Generally speaking, vaccine clinical development in the world’s major markets follows a similar pathway as drugs and other biologics.? A sponsor who wishes to begin clinical trials with a vaccine must first obtain permission to conduct clinical studies. In the U.S., this requires the submission of an Investigational New Drug (IND) application to the FDA.
“mitigating against growth will be continuing concerns about vaccine safety and refusal to immunize.”
The IND describes the vaccine, its method of manufacture, and quality control tests for release.? Also included is information about the vaccine’s safety and ability to elicit a protective immune response (immunogenicity) in animal testing as well as the proposed clinical protocol for studies in humans.? Kalorama’s report tracks development of vaccines, including those for COVID-19.
The report as well reviews the history and lines of business, strategic alliances, vaccine products, and financial information of market leaders such as GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Pfizer, and Sanofi Pasteur.
Companies Covered in the Report Include:
BAVARIAN NORDIC, A/S
BHARAT BIOTECH INTERNATIONAL
IMMUNE RESPONSE BIOPHARMA
JOHNSON & JOHNSON/CRUCELL/JANSSEN
MERCK & CO
MITSUBISHI TANABE PHARMA CORPORATION
TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL CO
MARKET SIZING – MARKET FORECASTS – COMPANY SEGMENTATION – COMPANY SHARE – COMPANY PROFILES? ?Reserve Your Copy of This Report Today
Adult Vaccines in Development
More Detailed Information with Report Purchase
|Merck||V503 – SILGARD 9||HPV||Approved (Japan)|
|Merck||V920 – ERVEBO||Ebola||Approved (US/EU)|
|Emergent BioSolutions||CHIKV VLP||Chikungunya||Phase II|
|Emergent BioSolutions||FLU-IGIV||Influenza A||Phase II|
|Valneva||VLA84||C. difficile||Phase II completed|
|Soligenix||RiVax||B ricin||Phase IIb|
|Bavarian Nordic||MVA BN||Smallpox||Phase III|
|Pfizer||PF 06425090||C. difficile||Phase III|
|Sanofi Pasteur||NIRSEVIMAB||RSV||Phase III|
|Valneva||VLA 84||C. difficile||Phase III|
|Medicago/Mitsubishi Tanabe||Quadrivalent VLP Influenza||Influenza||Phase III (Europe)|
|Janssen||VAC52150||Ebola||Phase III (US)|